...a place where beach hair, foggy mornings and laughter come together...

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Major Withdrawl

Waaaaaahhhhh.. Yes.. thats the emotion spilling out from moi. I am going through major withdrawls from the lovely DR. Honeslty.. that place totally tugged and grabbed ahold of my heart and is NOT letting go. But hey.. there could be worst things eh?

Everything about that place was amazing.. wouldn't change a thing.. not even the cold showers, screaming from teh cockroaches, seriously repetitive reggaeton (downloading some as we speak as well as Bachata**tears coming to the eyes.. BAH**.. Rompe, Locura Automatica, Eso no es Amor) Awwwww Carla and Elah singing into their little water bottles for kareoke.. haha muy chula!

Know waht I've figured? It is simply wicked being a girl.. especially a blondeish Canadian girl. Mhmm there are some downsides.. but on vacay? What can I say.. it was wicked.. Erin and I went to Las Terranas, and lets just say we saved mucho dollars on extremely fancy dinners.. haha thats right.. WE WERE treated to this wicked French cuisine restaraunt. Soooo good cost over 5000 pesos.. haha.. and going out for Happy hour! and dancing the night away.. weird thing happend in Cabarete.. Erin and I had din din then hit some drinks.. soo we were slightly tired.. we fell asleep at around 11:30.. then woke up at 2 am.. there were these wacko German guys next to our place who kept tapping on the window, waving and tryign to talk to us while we were sleeping.. like totalllllllly weird.. soo I got up and closed the curtain.. and they were still tryign for a peep show at the bottom of the curtain area.. psycho if you as moi!

Plans on going into nursing school is on their way.. then Doctors without Boarders.. pretty stoked about that. Ohh.. and I'm vegatarian well somewhat.. haha its crazy what happends in around 2 weeks time.. things can change drastically!

Soo now I'm home.. did a heck of a lot of laundry.. my Moto burn has blistered immensly.. wait did I even tell you about that?! Yeah... burned my leg on teh exhaust pipe of a motoconch. haha.. now I have a natural scar/tatoo from the DR. What more can you ask for?! Uhmm did some french homeowrk.. that was actually quite difficult.. considering i'm in total spanish brain mode. Had 3 vball games tonight.. won all of them.. so that was good. Everyone was jelous.. i was the only tanned one on my team in our little black spandex.. was fab.

Anyways.. i'm tired to the max.. well kinda am.. soo i'm goign to skidaddle. Last night I went bowlling.. cause.. a few of us went to the movies.. but the theatre broke down.. Iknow.. broke down yousay?? yes.. the bulb compltely burned out.. apparently its work 10K. theennnn the manager kept updating us.. but said it had a 50 50% chance of blowing up.. soo we decided to take our 2 free movie passes.. and get out alive.. Smart Choice if you ask me. anyways.. i'm off.. Buenos Noches! xoxo

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prima I miss you too! Its just the same without you, who will try to killthe cockroaches and beat me at spit? Just watch out for the tadpoles cuz one day they turn into frogs and who know what they call them! Anyway I love reading your blogs, keep them up! Mucho amor del Batey 3, Erin

8:49 AM

 
Blogger Lauren said...

Jill! It sounds like you had a bweno time in DR!! So jealous. Just be careful about saying you could live with cockroaches and cold showers, trust me, girl it wears you down after a while. But we won't go into that. I'm happy you had a blast, and I'm pretty sure it sounds like you'll be heading back there someday. Lots of love from Africa...Na cee enza! But bweno mazoongoo...

10:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home